- Advanced Telemedicine Training - East Carolina University's Advanced Telemedicine
Training allows the participant to experience hands-on
interactive instruction on developing, implementing,
funding, and maintaining a successful telemedicine
program. Training Dates:July 20-24;August 17-22; September 21-25;
October 19-23; November 16-20; December 7-11.
- Busy Signals - Busy Signals is a FREE weekly Electronic Newsletter for TELEHEALTH NURSES
published by CyberHealth Consulting
- Cancer Studies for Determined People - A website for determined people who have cancer. It has summaries of studies of particular interest to consumers. Hosted by a therapist who specializes in cancer issues.
- Group Confidentiality Takes New Meaning Online - In a case where a 5-year old was murdered by her father only 3 of the 200 members of the online group in that forum revealed the situation to
- Internet Telehealth - Net Savior Foils Suicide, Report from Wired News
- Net Savior Foils Suicide - An American computer buff saved the life of a British woman
after spotting her suicide note on an Internet bulletin board
- PC World's Review of Antivirus Software - To protect data you should be using an anti-virus software package designed to detect and disable viruses. The March 1998 issue of PC World
reviewed antivirus software and found them to be affordable (around $50),
unobtrusive, and effective at finding the latest virus strains.
- Practice Guideline Coalition - Looking for input to the
demonstration projects (e.g., supply articles or clinical evidence,
recommend panel members) and participate in the coalition building
process. The PGC website is located at www.unr.edu/psych/pgc and details
about the history of the coalition, and the kinds of evidence that are
being requested can be found there.
- Program Offered to Families of Hospitalized Children - A service that is designed to allow families of hospitalized children communicate the patient's status via a self-serve web page. Families without particular
technical expertise can enter updates and review "guestbook" entries
from any web browser.
- Technical Management of Internet Names - The paper set forth herein, concerning ways to improve
technical management of the Internet Domain Name
System, is a proposed rule of the Department of
- TeleCare International, LLC - BioStats.com - Advanced Communication Information System based on Microsoft Technology - a service of TeleCare International, LLC,
Monroe, Louisiana, US
- TeleHealth Information Resources...The List! - This growing list of Conferences, Books, Associations, Forums, Journals, Web sites, and Education
was compiled by two Canadians with a passionate interest in telehealth. Heidi Bilas BScN, MSc(A)
and Dr. Gordon Atherley.
- The automatic therapist - Play with the automatic therapist online
- WWW Virtual Library: Public Health - A meta-site providing country- and topic-specific public health resources available on the Net. All countries and territories of the world plus 84 selected topics are represented which all together links to thousands of resources.