Webmaster/Internet Support Specialist
Highly experienced Webmaster/Internet Support Specialist
seeks a challenging opportunity leading to growth.
- SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Background encompasses 3 years of diversified experience
as Webmaster, Internet Consultant and HTML Technician
- Internet Consultant with demonstrated expertise in
Strong Troubleshooting Skills
- Experienced in the analysis of customer needs; able to
sort out the essentials of any assignment, define overall project requirements
and achieve goals.
- Comprehensive knowledge in all facets of
web design, internet and application implementation. Diagnostically
thorough, astute and results-oriented.
- Self-directed; able to prioritize projects, set schedules
and deadlines. Able to assess potential problem areas and implement solutions.
- Skillful communicator; able to coordinate one-on-one
and group training sessions. Provide instruction and orientation in all
areas of the WWW and Internet.
- Websites meticulously planned and researched
prior to layout and design with a maintenance program being
established, to insure that the site remains current in
the face of ever-changing web design capabilities.
- September 97 - present: Editorial Associate/Webmaster
Web Developer's Virtual Library ( A Mecklermedia Site )
- Lanham, MD, USA
- Introduce authors to The WDVL's style, procedures
and standards (e.g. insistence on valid HTML) and
guide them through to final publication.
- Edit article submissions
- Verify technical aspects of articles
- Insure quality control
- Author content
- Annotate resources and articles.
- September 96 - Present: Designer/Webmaster/Author
- Dickson County Website
- Dickson, TN
- Duties: Designed and maintain site as well as research and author
content for the genealogical resource housed on this site.
Jumping off point for the genealogy section is the
November 95 - March 98: Design/Webmaster
Ronnie Holden Insurance Agency
Duties:Designed the original website, initiated a maintenance program to ensure the site remains
current in both content and new technology.
October 96 - present: Webmaster/Director of Graphic Design
Self-Help & Psychology Magazine
div. of Pioneer Development Resources Reno,NV
Duties:Supervise site, innovated the design staff program thereby increasing productivity;
introduced inter-active areas to the zine, as well as restructured marketing and promotional
strategy to achieve increased traffic.
Marlene Mahue, Ph.D.
January 97 - March 98: Designer/Webmaster
Walker Co. GA, Chamber of Commerce
An offshoot of rholden.com, the Walker Co. Chamber site was established in Jan.97.
Duties: Integrated text content and photos into a visually pleasing and informative digital version of the
Chambers magazine. Provided site promotion and established maintenance program.
Reference: Ronnie Holden
July 97 - August 98: Designer
- Three Springs at Duck River
- Hickman County, TN
- Duties: Defined objective and conceptualized strategy for site development at the same time
eliminating non-essentials to cut overhead.
- Reference: 3Springs
April 97: Designer
- Fire Station 12
- Tulsa, OK
- Site construction terminated
- Duties: Research and author
only' section, create custom graphics to enhance
over-all visual structure of the site.
- Reference: J. Mike McAllister
- The HTML Writers Guild
- International Webmasters Association
- Webmaster' Guild
ARTICLES & TUTORIALS
Putting Style Sheets In Perspective
An ongoing series covering CSS2, it's structure and how to 'make it work'
with HTML. (June 1998 - )
Introduction to PSP 5
A 45 page 'how-to' article on the
Jasc Software, Inc graphic program
Paint Shop Pro 5. (April 1998)
Purloining and Pilfering
An article on graphic and bandwidth theft, how to tell if someone
is stealing from you, and what to do about it. (November 1997)
- Abstract Dimensions: 5th Dimension
The new Tip site for Paint Shop Pro 5. This site includes
a "Photo Retouching" series. (February 1998 - )
- Abstract Dimensions : 4th Dimension
Extensive tutorial site for PSP 4.x covering everything from
basics to advanced image manipulation. This site averages between
500 and 800 visitors (not hits) daily. (1996-1998)
- In-depth knowledge of all facets of web design.
- Incorporation of the latest technology to create an effective internet presence for both
businesses and community groups.
- Originated online coursework for a web-based distance
- that uses web-IRC to communicate in
real time with students.
- Visual enhancement achieved through the use of custom designed graphics.