Nicotine Freedom - Learning From Your History
success if we learn from it.
Many people have tried to
stay nicotine free in the past, and have failed.
The following questions
are provided to help you remember the most
If you have tried to become nicotine free for more than a few hours before:
1. What were you actually physically doing the hours before you
2. Was alcohol involved when you started using tobacco again?
3. After you become nicotine free, did you suffer any withdrawal
If yes, please check the
symptoms that you experienced:
4. Did any of these withdrawal symptoms contribute to your decision
5. Were you experiencing any of the following stressors when you
6. Were you experiencing any particular feeling, such as being "bored,"
Marlene M. Maheu, Ph.D. is the founding Director of the Nicotine Recovery
Institute. She is the designer of the Nicotine Freedom System, and
specializes in the treatment of nicotine-related disorders. Such disorders
include underlying depression and anxiety. She has worked extensively with
smokers and tobacco chewers in hospital, industrial, and private settings,
and is available for individualized consultation and program design. Her
program and materials
have been developed after completion of her doctoral dissertation in
smoking cessation, and following a decade of work with thousands of smokers.
Amazing Bookstore Catalog!
What's Hot !|
About SH&P | Articles | Advertise | Classifieds
Dear SH&P | Discussion Zone | FAQ | Kids Korner | Resources | Meditation
Post Cards | Professional | PsychToons | Reviews | Staff | Search | Submissions
SH&P SHOP | NEWSLETTER | CONTACT US | HOME
Although every effort is made to present accurate information, security is imperfect and unintended errors or mischievous material may be present. Please alert the Webmaster to anything that seems wrong.
Of course, while visiting any of our pages, you can be assured of privacy.